My Life… My Journey… My Lessons...

What a life I live, what a beautiful blessed life I live. Is it perfect? Absolutely NOT. But am I so abundantly blessed beyond my own belief and even comprehension? YES! Yes I am! And you know what I am so secretly grateful for? My trials, yes my trials. I look back and reflect, reflect on the times that I felt my Savior near, where I was humble, humble enough to drop to my knees and plea for comfort plea for him to be there by my side, and he was! He was there he is always there. But it take humility. Humility isn't a sign a weakness. Its knowing things are beyond what you, I am able to hold or handle. I've been praying, pleading lately to have humility… kind of strange right…. the times of trials is when I have felt a feeling of humility the most and I want that feeling to return. But humility is MORE…. more then crying our for help. Its knowing knowing there is a power greater whether it be a trial I don't think I can make it through or constantly falling short as a mother. Knowing that through our Father we can become a better version of ourselves.  Here is what LDS.org has to say about this  topic. How perfectly defined and laid out.

Humility

To be humble is to recognize gratefully our dependence on the Lord—to understand that we have constant need for His support. Humility is an acknowledgment that our talents and abilities are gifts from God. It is not a sign of weakness, timidity, or fear; it is an indication that we know where our true strength lies. We can be both humble and fearless. We can be both humble and courageous. 

Additional Information
Jesus Christ is our greatest example of humility. During His mortal ministry, He always acknowledged that His strength came because of His dependence on His Father. He said: “I can of mine own self do nothing. . . . I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me” (John 5:30).
 The Lord will strengthen us as we humble ourselves before Him. James taught: “God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. . . . Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up” (James 4:6, 10). —See True to the Faith (2004), 86-87

I love this! I always thought of humility as a something we become during a big trial or a big learning moment, but no, that not the complete definition. We can be Fearless and Courageous, but still be humble. I pray I will acknowledge HIM in all I do. I pray to know His counsel and guidance. I pray to be HUMBLE enough to hear and act upon the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Really what it comes down to is Faith they truly go hand in hand. Without humility there is no faith and without faith you are hopeless no humble.  I have so many short comings but I know and have faith that through Him I will I will become that better version of me. Constantly steadily working on being stretched and moulded in what HE sees I can become. Something I'm not even capable of imagining. 



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2010 at a glance.........

Introducing...........